Many small business owners are discovering the advantages of advertising on social networks. There are over 800 million Facebook users, many of whom visit Facebook pages daily, and:
- 34% of Facebook users interact with their favorite brands;
- 56% said they are likely recommend a brand to a friend after becoming a fan on Facebook; and
- 51% said they are more likely to buy a product after becoming a fan on Facebook.
Facebook ads stand apart from traditional online ads in this way: Facebook ads are delivered to users according to each user’s individual interests. Although Pay-per-click ads (PPC) on Google search results pages allow you to choose geographic locations and specific keyword searches to advertise on, you know very little about the demographics of the people viewing the ad. You don’t know whether your ad for swimming pool cleaners is being seen by a single, 25 yr old apartment dweller or a 45 yr old father who owns a house with a pool. With Facebook, you can target your ad to include numerous demographics.
Advantages of Advertising on Facebook
- Targeted audience. You can target your ad for one group of people or several by choosing demographics that define your potential customers, such as age, hobbies, interests, and marital status – words used in their Facebook profiles or status messages.
- Viral marketing. Advertising on Facebook works like a high-speed version of word-of-mouth marketing. Every time someone “Likes” your Facebook page or shares your content, you appear on their wall for all of their friends to see. After the initial cost to get one friend to Like you, your ad continues to be seen by their friends for free, thereby allowing you to reach a wider customer base and potentially expand your market globally at no additional cost.
- Lower cost. Advertising only to your target group is an optimal way to attract potential customers. The cost-per-click (CPC) and cost per thousand impressions (CPM) for Facebook ads are generally much lower than with Google AdWords because you can target your advertising to a specific audience. The lower cost allows you to advertise more often to more people.
Creating an Effective Ad Campaign is an Art
Writing to a Facebook audience is different from writing to a newspaper audience or even a website audience. Writing an effective ad is an involved process that involves several rounds of testing to ensure that your ad copy leads to the highest number of conversions and best results for your budget. The more precisely targeted the ad, the clearer your copy, and usage of the best keywords will all result in ads that perform at the highest possible level to optimize your return on investment.
Over time, a Facebook advertising campaign should be managed constantly with tweaks to the text, landing page copy, and targeting. Constant monitoring of your ads will shorten the time it takes to achieve your goals.
Make the most of your advertising dollars and tame Facebook advertising by working with experts who know what’s happening in the web world and know how to develop a successful online advertising campaign. Call seenBEST Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona, for a free consultation and learn how you can get some of the 800 million Facebook friends!
Tags: advantages of advertising, Advantages of Advertising on Facebook, advantages of advertising on social networks, Advertising on Facebook, demographically targeted ads, Effective Ad Campaign, effectiveness of facebook ad campaigns, Facebook ads, facebook ads vs Google PPC, facebook advertising benefits, Facebook advertising campaign, why advertise on facebook