by seenBEST Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona
Posts Tagged ‘invest’
Wednesday, February 6th, 2013
Have you struggled to achieve satisfactory results from past business marketing efforts? You’re not alone. Most entrepreneurs waste lots of valuable time struggling to find effective advertising solutions. Trying to grow a business and spending a small fortune in the process, only to get back very little in return, is a painful and unpleasant experience. The failure to bring on new clients via effective advertising will keep you from becoming successful. This inability to generate leads is common in new businesses, and forces most one-time business owners to abandon their dreams, back to the safety of a 9 to 5.
Don’t let past marketing efforts that failed to produce new clients lead to a fear of failure, or convince you to abandon advertising completely. It takes money to make money, all successful business owners and managers embrace this fact. New clients are a necessity for any business to grow and remain strong, without them your business will fail. So, the question is not whether you should market your business, the question is how can you best market your business? Yes it takes money to make money, but that money needs to work smart to make an impact. You need to find out how to allocate the money you do have into advertising methods that guarantee higher margins of profitability, and invest your advertising budget in new lead generation techniques that result in a measurable increase in new clients.
How could a profitable advertising campaign help your business grow? Visualize the success you want, and then focus your resources on the positive to make it happen. A positive outlook could provide the spark you need to evaluate and learn from negative advertising experiences, and create a successful marketing plan from past failures. Here’s how:
- Go back and make note of every advertising method you have ever tried in the past
- Now examine and make note of all of the current ways you are spending money to advertise your business
- List each marketing type above in a spreadsheet
- For each method in the list, write down the total amount of money spent on that advertising method to date
- You should also calculate in the cost of time allocated by staff members to the total amount spent for each
- Now add up how much projected revenue you’ve gained from each of those methods to date
- Including recurring revenue from clients who found you via that one method but used your services multiple times
Your list may resemble the following, an example marketing analysis data provided by a Phoenix area IT firm:
How can you take a list like this one, built with data from your own business, and focus on the positive to turn around negative advertising adventures? To start, look at your list as a framework to learn from and build upon. The first step is to identify which advertising methods work and discard all others. It’s important to avoid wasting marketing budget if you want your business to grow. See the following graphic, we went through our sample list and crossed out all forms of marketing that resulted in wasted budget:
The above methods, crossed out in red, cost a total of $142,112 but only resulted in a total of $12,224 in revenues. That’s a total loss of $129,888. The first step towards success in marketing is eliminating those methods that fail to generate more revenue than they expend. If you are losing money, consider another medium. Your most important resource as a business owner is time, so don’t wait forever to take action. Reallocate your budget immediately by eliminating every advertising method you’re spending money on that isn’t working (those items in red above). Once you free up this money, you can either move those funds to advertising methods on your list that are proven to be profitable, or try new marketing avenues that you haven’t yet explored.
Focus on the Positive to Improve Your Advertising
To improve on advertising methods that are not as profitable as they could be, the solution is to focus on the positive. The return for methods on your list that are close to break-even can usually be improved by making a few adjustments. In our example above, the question was how can we improve our video ads to make them more profitable? For your list, evaluate your products and services from the your customer’s point of view. What service or product are you currently providing that existing clients really like? Think about all the positive qualities of your product, service, and offer, and hone in on what your customers are looking for. Next, change up the message in your lower performing advertising methods to better deliver on the needs and wants of your ideal client. It doesn’t matter if you’re creating articles for content marketing or producing videos for social media sites. Pour your enthusiasm and pack value into what you’re doing, the main idea here is to focus on the positive. In our case, for a recent video content marketing campaign, we re-thought the entire campaign to come up with ways we could produce higher quality videos that were more engaging, entertaining, and useful for our target clients.
Whatever you do, keep a positive mindset and don’t be afraid to invest in your business. Remember, it takes money to make money. While you should definitely try new things, you should also keep a watchful eye on your investments and tend to them on a regular basis to maximize results. Doing so will allow you to eliminate obstacles and negative investments, focus in on those things that are working well, and create powerful new marketing messages to attract new customers.
Sunday, January 29th, 2012
If you have a website now but it’s not topping the search results page, then it’s time to invest in strategic Internet marketing. Business crucially depends on marketing. To make a profit, you need to develop a marketing strategy to attract the right customers and keep them. In years past, the strategy combined physical location, signage, TV and radio ads, newspaper and Yellow Pages ads, fliers, and other print media. Today, people make buying decisions by searching online to find everything from armoires to zhu zhu pets, from accountants to zumba classes. So your marketing strategy needs to have a strong Internet component.
How will strategic Internet marketing help your business?
Your website can powerfully market for you 24/7. A well-designed website can be your most rewarding business-generating investment when used as the cornerstone of your strategic online marketing campaign. A carefully planned campaign will create awareness, build trust, and develop leads, which will result in increased sales and repeat business.
An Internet marketing campaign should begin with an effectively designed website and be integrated with:
- SEO. Your website needs to rank well on search engines to be seen. SEO keyword strategies help improve your ranking. For local companies wanting local business, be sure to include your city or neighborhood in your keywords.
- Social media. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn…social media marketing is perfect for small businesses with limited budgets. The more “friends” and “followers” and “connections” you get, the more people will see you.
- Pay per click advertising. Ads placed on the right websites with the right customers and lots of traffic can be a very efficient method of promoting your business.
- Content. Fresh content added frequently, at least once a week, increases your search ranking and attracts new customers.
- Blogs. Blogs are one of the easiest ways to drive people to your site. Add to your blog at least one-two times weekly. And comment on other blogs so you can link back to your website, another way to improve your rankings.
- Online promotions. Everyone loves a deal. Drive people to your site with specials only available online or only advertised online.
- Email marketing. Your email list targets only the people who want to hear from you. Use an appealing subject line, persuasive content, and a call to action to convert more readers to customers and to grow your email list.
- PR. Submit press releases to multiple online PR sites for more visibility.
Five ideas to get your strategic Internet marketing campaign moving
- Invest in pay per click advertising. Google rankings are either “organic” (resulting from its algorithms) or “paid” (such as pay per click ads). Organic search can take many months, even years, to get you to the top – if ever. With pay per click advertising, you get higher and immediate Google priority ranking.
- Create an SEO content strategy. Make a list of the keywords that you would like the site to rank well on, then take a look at how to insert those keywords throughout your existing content. It’s possible to overuse keywords or use them inappropriately – Google’s “black hat” policy looks for misleading use of keywords and can ban websites from their search results.
- Create new content. Regularly updated content, such as articles and blog posts, help a site rank well. Google prioritizes sites with frequent updates, assuming they must be more relevant. The number of incoming links from external sites is a huge way to climb in search rankings, so get other sites to link to your great content.
- Advertise on Facebook. Facebook offers small companies an advertising package that provides a more targeted campaign for companies on a low budget. With over 400 million active users logged on to Facebook in any given day (Source: Facebook’s Press Room), a well planned and executed Facebook ad campaign has proven to be a cost effective method of marketing a small business.
- Create and execute a social media marketing campaign. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube to engage in conversation with your customers or prospects. Keep in mind that the conversations should not, for the most part, be a sales pitch.
Internet marketing success requires patience
One critical ingredient in a successful Internet marketing campaign is patience. The results of your efforts take time and require constant monitoring and analyzing. An Internet marketing expert can help you develop and maintain your campaign to achieve your goals. The professional Internet marketing team at seenBest Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona, has extensive experience in all aspects of Internet marketing and will work with you to design an effective campaign. Call seenBest Web Design today and learn how strategic Internet marketing can work for you!
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!
Monday, October 17th, 2011
Too many businesses make the mistake of thinking, “All I need to do is build a fabulous website that looks amazing and throngs of people will flock to it.” Not true. The question is: How are people going to find it? Investing in creating the best website on the Internet will not make it be seen if you don’t also invest the same or greater amount in creating visibility for the website.
Visibility and design work hand in hand. Great design without targeted visibility is wasted because qualified visitors won’t find it to see it, and high levels of traffic with poor site design is wasted because no one will stay on the site long enough to take the action you want. Before you can design an effective website, you must determine:
- How to drive targeted traffic to your website to get the most visibility, and
- How to design an attractive website that appeals to the target audience and does the job it is intended to do.
Who Is “They” and How Will “They” Find You?
“They” is your target audience, the people who are looking for what you offer. To design a website that attracts and appeals to your target audience, you need to develop a target audience profile with information such as:
- Is your target audience consumers (B2C) or other businesses (B2B)?
- What would a person visiting your website be looking for?
- Are the people in your target audience computer savvy or are they computer novices?
Once you know who your target audience is, you can design a website and start marketing online and offline to drive people to your site. The fastest way to get people to your site is with pay-per-click advertising. You can also:
- Improve your search ranking by using SEO to optimize your website and providing relevant content.
- Build your social networking presence.
- Submit your site to all the major search engines.
- Put your web address on everything – business cards, letterhead, brochures, signs, fliers.
- Tell everyone you know about your website and ask them to visit.
- Issue press releases and announcements.
Build It So They Will Come and Take the Action You Desire
The average first-time visitor to a website spends just 40 seconds on the website. The longer a visitor stays on your site, the more likely they will take the action you desire. Usability is the key. To keep your visitors longer, consider the visual appeal (layout, graphics, colors, balance, fonts), functionality (navigation, call to action, email subscription, social media links), and relevant content (high quality writing, interesting, informative, no errors). In 2007, the Nielsen Norman Group found that designing a website for usability averaged an 83% ROI, a substantial return for online marketing efforts.
Without a design that incorporates these ideas, your website will confuse the visitors and fail to produce results. In the book, 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People, author Susan Weinschenk suggests that, “The shorter the distance to the goal, the more motivated people are to reach it. People are even more motivated when the end is in sight.” Make it easy for the visitor to find you and to know what you want them to do, and you’ll see your business grow.
A good internet marketing firm can do all this and more. The team of experts at seenBest Web Design in Phoenix, AZ, knows the latest trends in the Internet industry and has a solid background in user-centered design, programming, SEO, search engine marketing, social media marketing, testing, web analytics, content writing, and all of the tools necessary to design a website that will generate sales leads. Give us a call today at (602) 456-0150 to schedule your strategic internet marketing review and let us demonstrate ways we can help your business succeed in the digital age.
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011
For most businesses with a website, the foremost source of traffic to their website is user searches. Over 70% of users click only on the top 10 results from a search, and ignore the search results that fall further down on the page or beyond the first page. How do companies get the number one spot? Or one of the top 10? Or at least one in the top half of the first page? Answer: by recognizing the power of optimizing their websites for search engines. Search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc., use complex algorithms to determine the order in which companies will appear in the search results. These algorithms include hundreds of ranking factors that determine the position a company website will appear when a user search is made.
SEO – search engine optimization – is one of the most important marketing tools a small business can invest in. SEO can produce an extraordinary return on investment (ROI) by increasing a website’s online visibility, thereby attracting visitors who convert into customers. Company listings displaying in the top half of page one search results capture 99% of consumers, which could mean hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue per year. Most business owners miss out on the vast majority of internet traffic, and sales, that would otherwise be theirs if their website was optimized for search. Small business owners must not underestimate the value of SEO and its impact on the bottom line.
Online marketing success requires setting goals and developing a strategic plan to achieve those goals. Some of the elements of search engine marketing – SEM – strategy include:
- creating an attractive website with rich, constantly updated content
- developing a carefully researched and employed keyword list to use in headlines and copy
- properly designing video, photos, graphics and other website features
- having all of website code reviewed and optimized by an SEO expert
- developing a strategy to acquire high quality inbound links to the website
- using metrics to track traffic and rankings
A well executed SEM campaign assures your advertisement and website link appear immediately at the top section of page one in the search engines. How sure can you be that SEM will work? How long will the process take? As with other forms of marketing – newspaper, yellow pages, TV, radio, direct mail – there are no guarantees. However, unlike other forms of marketing, SEM allows the small business owner to track rankings, traffic and sales to see quantifiable results.
Let’s go on a short journey into cyberspace and review an example of what this might look like.
- Let’s pretend you are a hair stylist.
- You cater to the Phoenix, Arizona market.
- Your business name is “Swank Salon.”
- A Google search for “Swank Salon” lists you at Page 1, Rank 1.
As the owner, you might be overjoyed that you rank well for that search term, but does a high ranking on your name profit you? Probably not! Searches on your company’s name will rank your company high in search engines. But searching on your business name only works when the user already knows it. Usually, new customers will not know the name of your business. They may only be searching for a company that can help them fulfill a need and will instead search for a keyword or phrase that describes what they are looking for in their own words. If your goal is to increase traffic to your site and attract new clients, you need more than high ranking on your name – you need to rank well for the right keywords.
Are you using the right keywords in your content for your local market and target audience? Let’s Google “hair salon phoenix” to find Swank Salon. Are you attracting the largest number of local visitors possible to your site with these keywords? At this point, comprehensive research is needed to determine the search terms your business should be ranking well for based on the amount of search engine traffic tied to those terms. This research draws upon specific information collected from the business owner about the top competition, target client, and the industry.
As we conduct deep research for Swank Salon in SEO for the hair stylist industry, we learn:
- 2.8 million people search for “haircut salons” every month
- 2.3 million people search for “haircuts” every month
- 1.8 million people search for “hair salon” every month
- Fewer than 100 people search for “swank salon” every month
From this research, the company that can gain the most business from online shoppers is optimized to rank well for “haircut salons.” Only a proper SEO review can ensure that your website is using the correct terms to rank well. If Swank Salon relied on the keywords “beauty salon haircut” for SEO or the keywords “swank salon”, they would get fewer than 300 searches per month. The salon would lose out on the 2.8 million other consumers interested in their services who are searching on “haircut salons.”
So how does Swank Salon rank in “haircut salons phoenix”? Doing a Google search places them near the top of the list. But they are not the top. The sites at the very top are pulling in 70% more traffic from these 2.8 million consumers. Swank could use an SEM and SEO campaign to get the number one spot. Is search engine optimization all you need to bring in business? Not quite…
What happens when you click on the link to the Swank Salon website? Ugh! The poorly designed website will cause most of those 2.8 million visitors to back out of the page and find a salon with an attractive website that is easy to use. For a small business to achieve a high return on their SEO efforts, visitors must both (a) see the site listed near the top of search results and (b) like what they see so they stay on the site long enough to make a purchase. For example, take Cloud 9 Spa, a competitor to Swank Salon. While Cloud 9 Spa has a superior website design that appeals to their target client, their ranking is horrible. By appearing on page 2 for most relevant searches, they are getting very little of the total traffic available. Their website may be superior, but they suffer from low visibility. They could benefit from increased SEO and SEM that would place them above Swan Salon. Their superior website design would then capture thousands of dollars in increased revenue as a result.
SEO is one of the most successful marketing tools today. To take advantage of the tremendous online opportunity to grow your small business, you have to invest either money or time. As a small business owner, do you have time to become an SEO expert? SEO success takes a lot of work and time to achieve, even with the most sophisticated SEO techniques and skills. You may be able to learn the basics, but your business will grow much faster and you’ll see a greater ROI much sooner by using an online marketing firm experienced in web design, SEO, and content writing. You will also save a lot of money, by investing your marketing budget into the proper areas immediately via the expert strategy and guidance your SEO team provides.
In addition to expert search engine optimization, you should find a firm that will do more than promise to drive traffic to your website. As demonstrated in the example above, money spent to drive traffic to a poorly designed website will most likely result in lost sales. The professional team at seenBest Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona, provide you with comprehensive online marketing services at affordable rates. We provide you a complete team of experts in the fields of online marketing, content writing, web design, SEO, SEM, programming, and social media. We will design the best website for your business. Then we will drive traffic to your website, and get your website ranked above all of your competitors.
Can you afford to let your competitors capture the bulk of the sales from your target market? Give us a call and let us design the best website for your company, and then put expert online marketing strategies in place to get your website seen first, before the competition. We offer a free one hour consultation and will sit down with you to learn about your business and provide a custom plan tailored for your needs, call (602) 456-0150 to learn more.
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!
Friday, September 3rd, 2010
I’ve been in the SEO and web design business long enough to witness first hand the power for true SEO and the positive effect it can have on a business. Whether your website is already public, or still under creation, it is very important to invest in good SEO as soon as possible.
An example of what is possible is the Google search for Affordable Phoenix SEO. Our company, my PC Techs, appears anywhere from three to four times on page one for this search term, depending on the time of day. That’s three or four links at the SAME TIME on page one. Being on the first page of search results in this way increases our chances of gaining the business of anyone who searches for that term considerably.
Imagine you are launching a new product of your business and you are thinking of ways, including press releases, to make the news public. It can get costly to promote through paid channels, unless your website already generates significant traffic organically. When you begin to generate organic traffic, your announcement has just become easier. The traffic that visits your site will be targeted customers already interested in the types of products your company typically sells, and thanks to the wonders of social networking sites, those visitors will probably help you in the promotion process.
There have been many changes and advancements with search engine optimization and website design over the past couple of years. By hiring an affordable, local company to help you stay on the cutting-edge you will be investing in greater profits for your business.I have met many people that come to think of online marketing as an expense. It’s not, when done properly. It is an investment that can return multiple times what you pay out in new income.
We can help you link blogging, articles, social media marketing, SEM, SEO and other techniques into a strategy that will help you generate traffic. With any new website design, we provide complete SEO and online marketing package options. If you’d like to create a website from scratch ready to go we can help. If you already have a website and need it to turn into a marketing machine, we can also help.
The times are changing and no other marketing method exists that is as powerful as online marketing. Everyone now uses mobile devices and personal computers to locate service providers and products. Don’t be left behind in this digital revolution.