If you think social media marketing is not worth doing, your competitors on Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Twitter, and Linked In will thank you for all the new business you let them get because you’re not there.
Today’s small business (SMB) owners recognize the need for an online presence: over 90% have a website. But with thousands of businesses online, the companies getting the most exposure are those that have websites AND social media sites. This powerhouse combination gives SMB owners a chance to reach hundreds or thousands of new prospects every day!
“But isn’t word-of-mouth the best source of business growth?” It certainly is – and social media marketing (SMM) is the 21st century word-of-mouth. Instead of face-to-face or telephone contact, many people now talk online. Give your company a voice in the the online conversation by having a social media presence professionally created and branded. Then leverage the power of social media to begin forging a relationship with past, current, and future clients. Every person you connect with pushes your visibility out to their connections, which increases your exposure exponentially!
What are the advantages for small businesses of having an SMM strategy?
• Increased sales
• Positive brand recognition
• Broader business base
• Increased traffic to website
• Much lower costs than traditional advertising
• Higher search engine rankings
• Continuous lead generation
For a small business on a tight advertising budget, there is no better way to reach thousands of prospects at no cost. It does, however require strategy. Here are some tips for maximizing your SMM plan:
1. Set up profiles on the top-ranked sites. The most popular social media sites are Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. For a small business looking to remain competitive in a rapidly changing age of digital marketing, it is important to be familiar with and utilize all of these tools as part of your overall marketing plan.
2. Keep content current. Create valuable content, provide frequent new offerings, and target your content to the audience on each site.
3. Monitor your ROI. Consumers are talking about your company in online conversations, and you need to know what they’re saying to protect your brand reputation. There are a number of tools to help you track where your customers are coming from, which sites are giving you the highest conversion rates, and many other useful metrics.
4. Cross market your sites. List all of your social media links on all of your social media profiles. The more ways consumers have to find your company, the faster your social media reputation will grow. Additionally, adding the power of SEO to your social properties will allow each social media account to achieve higher visibility in search.
5. Maximize your SMM time. Invest time by visiting, commenting and interacting on other social media accounts to increase your visibility.
It doesn’t cost a dime to call or email us at seenBest Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona. Find out how we can save you time by creating your social media presence and helping you maximize your online exposure. Our cutting edge internet marketing strategies and talented social media team are already energizing other SMBs, so let’s talk about how they can work for your business today.
The economy may not be getting better, so your marketing tools have to be. Contact us at seenBest Web Design – and yes, we have a social media marketing presence, too!
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!