One of the most common mistakes people make when attempting to market a business on Facebook is selecting the wrong page type. Facebook offers a wide range of business page types, and using each of them correctly will result in a greater chance of success for your social media marketing campaign. This article will walk you through different types of Facebook pages, their relevancy to your business, and how each one can impact your marketing results.
Before we begin and, if you’re new to marketing a business on Facebook, let’s make one thing clear. A Facebook page is different from a Facebook profile. Facebook profiles are meant to be assigned to people, not companies or brands. If you’re planning to market a business on Facebook you’ll want to have already created a personal profile for you as an individual. Once that is done, visit www.facebook.com/pages and click the “Create Page” button to create a new page.
Facebook Page Types
When you create a new Facebook page, you’ll be asked to select from the following six options. Select carefully! Each option has unique benefits:
- Local Business or Place – If you own a local business offering a set of services or products to your customers within a limited geographical region, usually a metro area, this option is for you. In this category, you get some specific fields to fill out relevant information, like open hours, parking options, and the ability for your visitors to check in using Facebook pages. It is very important to fill in accurate details in order to maximize your reach among customers. However, if your business serves customers regionally, nationally, or globally this option is not suitable for you.
- Company, Organization, or Institution – This type of Facebook page is the most ideal match for a company, organization, or institution with more than one physical address. In some cases, a company sells products and services to customers in a limited area but at multiple locations. Additionally, if your company is regional, national, or global in reach you will want to select this option.
- Brand or Product – This Facebook page type is dedicated to brands or products being sold through more than one reseller or website. What makes this option different from the Company, Organization, or Institution option? A Company, Organization, or Institution page has brands and products that are sold by the same company at different locations, whereas in this page type, the brands and products are sold by different companies with different websites.
- Artist, Band or Public Figure – As the name suggests, this category is dedicated to celebrity fan pages. Each category in this option asks for relevant information according to the type selected. For example, if you select the Politician category, you’ll be asked to enter your political affiliation and views. This page type is often used by local celebrities who have reached the limit of 5,000 friends on Facebook. When switching from a personal profile to a Celebrity Facebook page you are provided more advanced options to market yourself as the brand.
- Entertainment – This page type is dedicated to the Entertainment industry. For example a TV show produced by a media house should not be included in Brand or Product category. Entertainment is the right choice for such page types. If you are an author and your aim is to promote your upcoming book on Facebook, Artist, Band or Public Figure is not the right choice, Entertainment is the most suitable option, if you want to promote your book.
- Cause or Community – This page type is specifically meant for a cause or community. If you are willing to encourage people to join a social or global cause and run a movement on Facebook. Select this page type.
Selecting the correct Facebook page type is the first step to success in Facebook Marketing. With the right selection, your brand, product, or organization will be better received and represented online.
Beyond the creation of a page, social media provides an effective way to advertise. You may need help creating or branding your new Facebook page. You may also need help taking it further, using your page to bring on new clients. It may save you a lot of time and money to seek out the help of an internet marketing expert. seenBEST provides a complete team of internet marketing experts, with all of the resources your business needs to:
- Launch a strategic Facebook marketing campaign based on your budget and goals
- Create, brand, and design your Facebook pages
- Perform intelligent search engine optimization for your Facebook page text
- Create fresh and creative content marketing campaigns
- Convert your existing network of connections to Facebook page fans
- Help you expand your page fans with new, targeted prospects
- Bring in new leads and sales from Facebook
- Train your entire staff how to use Facebook to promote your business
- Develop Facebook apps to help expand your reach or provide value to your fans
- Help you get the most out of your social media budget, big or small
Thanks for visiting! We hope you enjoyed the article, please click the +1 and Like buttons at the top left of our website. If you would like to share this article with a friend, click on the + Share / Save tool below.