This article is part of a series of twenty articles. Click to read: The Top 20 Web Marketing Concepts Your Next Website Design Company Should Know
It’s no secret, driving targeted traffic to a company website via Search Engine Marketing (SEM) will result in one of the highest marketing investment returns currently available. One critical step in the process to create a winning search engine marketing campaign is the writing of compelling ad copy. A perfectly written ad copy can enhance CTR (Click-Through-Rate) and will dramatically increase the amount of useful traffic to a website. However, even if an ad is perfectly written, if it is not relevant to your website it’s practically useless.
Ad and Website Relevancy, Why Does It Matter?
It is a fairly common to find SEM campaigns that fail to convert even though ads in the campaign have been clicked on at a high level. The number one reason for the lack of sales from a campaign with high click-through-rates is irrelevant ad copy. SEM ad copy and the copy on your website landing pages work hand in hand during the online lead generation process. While ad copy is the lure that draws potential customers in, the web copy and content is what converts those visitors to leads and sales. Ad copy that compels someone to click on your ad with a landing page that doesn’t mention what’s offered in your ad will almost always result in failure to convert.
Keeping a high level of relevancy between your landing page and ad copy ensures that visitors are not surprised when they visit your website. The way to maintain relevancy is to ensure that all keywords triggering your ads are found prominently on both the ad copy and the landing page itself. If you maintain a close relation between ad copies, keywords, and landing page your rankings will increase, the cost-per-click will go down, and your conversion rates will skyrocket.
Tips for well-written PPC campaign ad copy:
- Write several copies of ads, each targeting different important keywords
- Address the needs of different types of buyers separately
- Keep the psychology of your visitors (customers) in mind
- Be creative and include compelling calls to action
- Analyze performance of your past ad copies and make necessary amendments
- Always keep the contents of your landing pages in mind
- Perform variation testing of ad copy on a regular basis
Tips for landing pages that convert:
- Create one landing page for each distinct product or service being offered via ad copy
- Focus exclusively on the specific keywords related to the ads that drive your visitors
- Include appropriate content discussing the benefits of products or services being offered
- The landing page should contain a clear call to action
Well written ad copy, proper relevancy between your ad copy and search phrases, and website landing pages that contain matching sales copy will result in an extremely high return on investment. If you’re looking to create search engine marketing campaigns that convert, with compelling ad copy and relevant landing pages, consider hiring an expert, local internet marketing team to assist. Contact seenBEST to help you rapidly grow your business and bring on new clients from the internet. In addition to high conversion rates and increased sales, the added benefits of an expert internet marketing review are improved search rankings, a higher number of relevant visitors, reduced CPC, and customers who are satisfied by the usefulness of your website.
Thanks for visiting! We hope you enjoyed the article, please click the +1 and Like buttons at the top left of our website. If you would like to share this article with a friend, click on the + Share / Save tool below.