by seenBEST Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona
Posts Tagged ‘blogs’
Friday, November 2nd, 2012
While many business owners know that it’s important to create and update website content on a regular basis, very few actually follow through with the task. The main reason why businesses fail to produce new content is time, most companies simply do not have the time necessary to invest in content creation. Another is a lack of ideas, most businesses have not created a content marketing strategy to help them plan out the creation of content.
However, a lack of fresh content can be a serious problem when it comes to business growth. Without fresh content, your website will quickly fall out of date in the eyes of major search engines, including Google. That can cause traffic flow problems and will make it easier for your website to fall behind the competition in search engine rankings. Additionally, your website and social media properties will become stale to visitors and potential customers.
A good content marketing strategy for any business involves the creation of new, high-quality content on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. This helps your business a number of ways, mainly:
- Existing customers will check back to your website and social media properties often to find out what’s new
- Your website will perform better in major search engines and will position higher than your competitors
- Potential customers visiting your website will be more inclined to purchase your products or services if the information is recent and relevant to their needs
- Website visitors fall into two categories. They either want new information or they want a product or service.
Products and Services
In the case of selling services, content creation involves the creation of helpful information and media that explains your services, what you do, and how you can help. Potential customers want to know if your service fits their needs and how much money your services cost. If your website provides regular and fresh content concerning your services it will be more likely to help you close a sale.
In the case of products, potential customers want to know everything about the product. They want to see images and videos of the product, and they want reliable descriptions and technical specs. It’s also helpful if you provide a place for customer reviews. Customer reviews do count as fresh content for a website, and they provide valuable information to other potential customers.
People are always looking for new information on a wide variety of topics. Some individuals want to know more about business or personal finance. Others want to know how to remodel their homes, decorate and fix minor repairs. Still, others are looking to broaden their overall knowledge or be entertained by blog articles.
Keep in mind that every unique individual is looking for specific answers to their own angle on a question. That is why content creation should be an endless process for your business. The more content you produce better prepares your website to answer a broad range possible of questions presented by people searching, which leads to an increase in website visitors. After they visit, providing those visitors with quality information on the topics they are searching for could translate into increased leads and sales.
Social media is a great place to share ideas and keep your friends, family, coworkers and potential clients and customers up-to-date, but it’s useless if you have nothing new to share. When you have no new links, videos, information or discounts to share you stop updating your webpages and chances are good that you’ll also stop updating your social media pages. A content creation strategy ensures that you will always have regular content for your website, which in turns fuels content for your social media channels.
Since many businesses lack the time and often the internal resources to produce fresh and relevant content for websites and social media, hiring an Internet Marketing firm can help dramatically. A good internet marketing firm can first sit down with your business, learn about your customers, and help you develop a plan to generate fresh and appealing content. The Internet Marketing firm will can utilize a team of professionals that is almost always unavailable to a small to mid-sized business. The team will often include a content writer, advertising professional, videographer, photographer, website designer and web developer who all work together to produce interesting new:
- Articles and blog posts
- Graphics and photographs
- Website pages
- Contests and promotions
When you hire a professional Internet Marketing firm to help you implement a content marketing strategy you free up internal time and resources for other projects, saving time and money. The fresh content these professionals produce will help your business remain competitive, attract new visitors, and successfully contribute to the overall growth of your business.
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012
A core part of your business marketing strategy should be online marketing. The more time you spend researching and testing before developing your online marketing plans, the more effectively you can focus your time and efforts to gain a strategic advantage over your competitors. Before you move forward with an online marketing campaign, you need to know the following:
1. What your competitors are doing online
One of the fundamental processes in developing an online marketing strategy is learning all you can about your competition and who they are. Spend time reviewing their websites, social media pages, blogs and videos to learn what they’re doing to promote their businesses, to increase visibility, to position themselves as leaders, and to keep visitors on their sites longer – a key to increased conversions. Test a variety of keywords to learn where each of your competitors is ranking. This process will advance your SEO strategy development. Ask yourself: Where do people find your competitors?
2. How your target audience is looking for your offerings online
Testing keywords helps you determine what your potential clients are searching for. More importantly, the right keywords attract the right audience – people who want what you offer. Create a list of all the words and strings of words you can think of that people would use to describe your offering, and test them all. You may be surprised to learn that the keywords you assumed would bring in the best visitors don’t work. Ask yourself: What attracts your target audience?
3. How to write compelling content to attract visitors
Writing for an online audience is not the same as writing print material. Web readers are looking for information to address a problem or to fulfill a need. Strong, clear headlines and titles attract web readers who scan search results for text that sparks their curiosity and makes them want to click through to read the content. Once they reach your page, write concisely and focus on one or two main ideas. Remember that web readers don’t want to read a sales pitch – they want useable information. Enrich your writing with keywords to attract search engines and improve your search ranking. Ask yourself: Who is looking for your information?
4. How to analyze online marketing results
Online marketing programs should be analyzed frequently – at least weekly. Google Analytics gives you a wide variety of stats to determine the effectiveness of your online marketing strategy: if your hit numbers are up or down, which blog posts are getting the most hits and comments, how long visitors are staying on your site, what your bounce rate is, and what your conversion rates are for each of your sites. You can even determine the ROI of your social media sites. The point is to be on top of your online performance constantly and make tweaks and changes to your sites to continuously improve online marketing results. Ask yourself: How do you measure your online marketing success?
Doing your due diligence in advance can measurably updgrade your web presence. But if you’re like most of today’s small business owners, you have limited experience working with web marketing strategies and technologies. To achieve the level of success you desire in the most cost effective and timely manner, contact the online marketing experts at seenBEST Web Design, Tempe. The professionals at seenBEST will work closely with you to make sure your online marketing program is achieving the results you want, when you want them.
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!
Thursday, May 3rd, 2012
Quality content has become one of the most important elements of online marketing. Search engines are constantly revising their algorithms to improve search results and satisfy online consumers who want to find information and solutions. Sites with high quality, legitimate, credible content are among the top results. Sophisticated search engine algorithms penalize sites that provide a poor user experience with low quality content, awarding such sites low search rankings.
Internet savvy marketing professionals recognize the need for quality content in online marketing strategies. A Content Marketing Institute study found that “93% of marketing professionals create, or plan to create, content marketing as part of their overall programs in 2012.” Why?
- Original, relevant content improves search engine rankings and increases conversion rates.
- Informative, useful content generates targeted website traffic and provides new sales leads.
- Great content pieces are shared by visitors and can spread quickly – virally – further improving search rankings.
- Quality content builds trust and establishes a reputation of leadership, resulting in customer loyalty and referrals.
What constitutes “quality” content?
Consumers search the web for information to help them solve a problem or to learn something. They don’t want a sales pitch. That fact means companies must rethink their approach to online promotion. A highly effective emerging strategy for writing content pieces is to fashion them so they don’t overtly look or sound like they are selling. So how can you write such quality content?
- Deliver content that is well-crafted, customized, and professionally written. It should engage the visitor, keep them on the page longer, and represent you as an authority on the topic.
- Focus on addressing one topic in a content piece. To gather the material for an article, for example, you might select a topic and make a list of questions and answers that address the topic thoroughly. Visitors who find the information they seek will be encouraged to stay longer on your site and to share your content, which will improve search engine rankings.
- Review a list of questions Google uses in assessing “higher-quality” sites vs “lower-quality” sites. Fresh, quality content, frequently updated, helps your site rank high for the long-term.
Social content, blogs, videos, articles, press releases, posts, reports, surveys – all aim to provide content that your visitors will enjoy reading, watching or listening to, and sharing with their family, friends, and colleagues. Attracting more targeted visitors and earning their respect with quality content will build a strong network of linking and extended visit times, putting your site among the top search rankings and ultimately increasing sales!
Your online marketing program must include quality content writing and expert web design to be successful. Contact the professionals at seenBEST Internet Marketing in Phoenix, Arizona to create a winning web strategy…and you’ll soon begin reaping the benefits of quality content and online marketing!
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!
Monday, April 23rd, 2012
This article is part of a series of twenty articles. Click to read: The Top 20 Web Marketing Concepts Your Next Website Design Company Should Know
There is a time and place for both inbound marketing – search engine optimization (SEO), blogs, content publishing, subscriber emails, and social media – and outbound marketing – print and TV/radio advertising, telemarketing, trade shows, and cold calling.
The debate should not be about which one is better, because both have merit. But for small business owners who can’t afford a large marketing staff and don’t have a large advertising budget, the debate should focus on where to spend your limited time and advertising dollars to get the highest ROI (return on investment).
That said, the reality is that people are increasingly going to the Internet to learn about the products and services they want to buy and to find places to buy them. Last week I decided to buy a patio umbrella. I wanted to make sure it can withstand wind and rain, and would not fade in one summer. Did I want to wait to get a direct mail piece selling patio umbrellas? No. Did I want to wait for a radio, TV, magazine or newspaper ad to tell me where to find one? No. And even if I did see an ad, how much can they possibly tell me about patio umbrellas in a 30-second spot or a 4” ad? I don’t have time to wait for an ad or drive around to several stores until I find what I want. In a few minutes online I found several manufacturers’ and local stores’ websites, read consumer reviews, and learned all I needed to know about patio umbrellas, including prices. I chose a nearby store from the ones I found online, and when I went to the store to look at the umbrellas, I already knew they carried what I was looking for. All I needed to do was decide which color I liked best, buy it, and bring it home. I saved gas, time, and money using the Internet to do my leg work. That experience shows the power of inbound marketing.
Inbound (“digital”) marketing “pulls” people to your products or services. Inbound marketing strategies and techniques are designed to attract people at the moment they are online looking for information about something they want to buy. Companies must to provide useful information and tools, interact with potential customers, and develop relationships to meet the expectations of today’s online consumer.
Outbound (“traditional”) marketing “pushes” information about your products or services to the public. Promoting your business with outbound marketing keeps your name in the public view and creates a sense of urgency to buy what you sell.
What is the trend in marketing today? Industry sources estimate the ROI on email marketing at 4,300%, making it the most popular form of marketing by small businesses. Numerous studies and surveys indicate a movement toward inbound and away from outbound marketing. Consider:
- 84% of Americans do Internet research before going to a store. (Google – Zero Moment of Truth)
- 70% of consumers trust online consumer reviews, an increase of 15% in four years, more than any other source of brand information and messaging except referrals from friends and family. (Nielson)
- 42% of total retail sales in 2009 (online and offline) were affected by the Web, with sales growing to 53% by 2014. (Forrester)
- 87% of companies now employ Twitter as part of their social media marketing strategy, while 82% use Facebook.(eConsultancy.com)
- 86% of TV viewers skip ads. (The Guardian)
- 44% of junk mail is thrown away unopened. (About.com Environmental Issues)
- 74% brand recall is experienced by consumers when the advertiser’s integrated strategy is carried across mobile, TV and online. (NYTimes/Google)
The bottom line: Your inbound marketing strategy is critical to the long-term growth of your business. Get your share of the $224.2 billion estimated online sales in 2012. Contact seenBEST Web Design to help you develop an online marketing strategy that gets results.
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!
Sunday, January 29th, 2012
If you have a website now but it’s not topping the search results page, then it’s time to invest in strategic Internet marketing. Business crucially depends on marketing. To make a profit, you need to develop a marketing strategy to attract the right customers and keep them. In years past, the strategy combined physical location, signage, TV and radio ads, newspaper and Yellow Pages ads, fliers, and other print media. Today, people make buying decisions by searching online to find everything from armoires to zhu zhu pets, from accountants to zumba classes. So your marketing strategy needs to have a strong Internet component.
How will strategic Internet marketing help your business?
Your website can powerfully market for you 24/7. A well-designed website can be your most rewarding business-generating investment when used as the cornerstone of your strategic online marketing campaign. A carefully planned campaign will create awareness, build trust, and develop leads, which will result in increased sales and repeat business.
An Internet marketing campaign should begin with an effectively designed website and be integrated with:
- SEO. Your website needs to rank well on search engines to be seen. SEO keyword strategies help improve your ranking. For local companies wanting local business, be sure to include your city or neighborhood in your keywords.
- Social media. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn…social media marketing is perfect for small businesses with limited budgets. The more “friends” and “followers” and “connections” you get, the more people will see you.
- Pay per click advertising. Ads placed on the right websites with the right customers and lots of traffic can be a very efficient method of promoting your business.
- Content. Fresh content added frequently, at least once a week, increases your search ranking and attracts new customers.
- Blogs. Blogs are one of the easiest ways to drive people to your site. Add to your blog at least one-two times weekly. And comment on other blogs so you can link back to your website, another way to improve your rankings.
- Online promotions. Everyone loves a deal. Drive people to your site with specials only available online or only advertised online.
- Email marketing. Your email list targets only the people who want to hear from you. Use an appealing subject line, persuasive content, and a call to action to convert more readers to customers and to grow your email list.
- PR. Submit press releases to multiple online PR sites for more visibility.
Five ideas to get your strategic Internet marketing campaign moving
- Invest in pay per click advertising. Google rankings are either “organic” (resulting from its algorithms) or “paid” (such as pay per click ads). Organic search can take many months, even years, to get you to the top – if ever. With pay per click advertising, you get higher and immediate Google priority ranking.
- Create an SEO content strategy. Make a list of the keywords that you would like the site to rank well on, then take a look at how to insert those keywords throughout your existing content. It’s possible to overuse keywords or use them inappropriately – Google’s “black hat” policy looks for misleading use of keywords and can ban websites from their search results.
- Create new content. Regularly updated content, such as articles and blog posts, help a site rank well. Google prioritizes sites with frequent updates, assuming they must be more relevant. The number of incoming links from external sites is a huge way to climb in search rankings, so get other sites to link to your great content.
- Advertise on Facebook. Facebook offers small companies an advertising package that provides a more targeted campaign for companies on a low budget. With over 400 million active users logged on to Facebook in any given day (Source: Facebook’s Press Room), a well planned and executed Facebook ad campaign has proven to be a cost effective method of marketing a small business.
- Create and execute a social media marketing campaign. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube to engage in conversation with your customers or prospects. Keep in mind that the conversations should not, for the most part, be a sales pitch.
Internet marketing success requires patience
One critical ingredient in a successful Internet marketing campaign is patience. The results of your efforts take time and require constant monitoring and analyzing. An Internet marketing expert can help you develop and maintain your campaign to achieve your goals. The professional Internet marketing team at seenBest Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona, has extensive experience in all aspects of Internet marketing and will work with you to design an effective campaign. Call seenBest Web Design today and learn how strategic Internet marketing can work for you!
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!
Thursday, October 27th, 2011
I recently spoke with a small business owner in Ahwatukee who called with some questions about Internet marketing. He was spending over $1,000 a month on magazine and yellow page ads, but heard that Internet marketing was more affordable and could be more effective than other types of advertising. Like many small businesses today, his operating budgets are tight and marketing expenses are often the first to be cut.
When a new client comes to me and is considering Internet marketing for the first time, I usually ask if the business has some kind of method in place to track the effectiveness of current marketing expenditures. How does your business track the source of inbound leads? Many companies don’t have even basic leads tracking systems in place, such as asking new callers how they heard about the company and recording their responses. Owners often don’t know:
- How prospects find them.
- How to track results to determine which marketing programs are working effectively.
- How much money they’re spending on ineffective marketing programs.
The owner followed my suggestion and began asking all new customers “how did you hear about us” when they contacted his company. He trained his staff to ask the same question when answering any new inbound call and had everyone record the answers. He was shocked to learn that over a 30-day period, not a single new inbound lead came from those magazine or yellow page ads. The end result? We learned that he was wasting a lot of money on advertising that did not work.
If your traditional marketing programs aren’t producing a reasonable return on investment (ROI), consider redirecting those dollars to a more effective method, such as Internet marketing.
Be Where Your Audience Is Looking
Consider the stats: 78% of U.S. adults use the Internet and 78% of those search for information about a product or service they’re considering buying (Pew Internet and American Life Project Tracking surveys). Given the sheer numbers of potential buyers online, business owners can no longer ignore the power of the Internet for marketing.
People today access information any time they want it via Internet marketing (websites, social media sites, blogs). People increasingly control how, when and where they receive information. They are also finding more ways to ignore unsolicited information coming via traditional marketing (TV, radio, print ads, direct mail). Consider this:
- Television ads are often avoided through the use of TV capture devices such as TiVo
- Radio ads are often avoided through the use of Pandora and/or advertisement free satellite radio stations
- Many magazine and newspaper companies have gone out of business – the same information that was once printed can now be obtained for less cost online
The internet has made it possible for people to obtain the information they need at the exact moment they want to find it. That driving force can lead to overwhelming success for your business. Web marketing allows your business to display advertisements only when an interested person is searching for your products or services, or is reading information that is relevant to your business. With Internet marketing, your marketing is delivered with laser-like focus to a highly targeted crowd of interested buyers.
In order to increase ROI through effective Internet marketing, you need to know:
- Who your target audience is.
- What they may be thinking about when they need your product or service.
- Who your competition is and what is their message.
- Which of the many Internet marketing technologies are best suited to produce results for your business.
The answers to these questions build the base upon which an Internet marketing campaign is created. An experienced internet marketing firm can help you achieve success by:
- Developing effective branding for your products and services.
- Creating clear and concise marketing messages.
- Clearly communicating value to your potential clients.
- Evaluating your marketing budget to employ the technologies that are most effective within that range to accomplish your goals.
Your campaign may be comprised of a mixture of various technologies, including websites, social media, SEO, online promotions, content, blogs, email marketing, and PR. They can all blend together seamlessly as part of a well-defined strategy. However, once you create your ideal online marketing platform, the work isn’t finished. These digital tools allow you to go further than ever before with your marketing, and give you the resources to constantly analyze online marketing effectiveness to make changes as needed that will help you maintain a competitive edge.
Measuring Internet Marketing Results
So, how will you know if your internet marketing campaign is providing you the results your business needs to succeed? How can you know what changes need to be made and when to make them? Have you seen an increase in:
- Website traffic?
- Visibility/brand image?
- Sales revenue?
- Number of subscribers?
The ability to track every aspect of your marketing campaign is one of the most powerful results of marketing on the internet. Virtually every statistic can be measured and, more importantly, adjusted in real time to increase results in specific areas. A well-planned Internet marketing campaign will start off with advanced configurations, and grow and shift over time as the needs of your business also change. Online marketing is flexible, allowing you to modify, in real-time, factors such as ad scheduling, ad copy, your budget, geographic targeting and more.
The ability to modify your campaign in real-time, monitor it, and improve it will allow your business to create awareness, build trust, and develop more leads than ever before, resulting in increased sales and repeat business.
If you could increase visibility, leads and sales while decreasing marketing costs, how long would you wait to start? Investing in a marketing campaign designed by Internet marketing experts like seenBest Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona, will cost no more than a few traditional ads, but can produce greater long-term results. Contact seenBest Web Design today at (602) 456-0150 to schedule a free consultation and find out just how successful an effective Internet marketing campaign can be.
>> Did you like this article? Ping it!
Monday, September 20th, 2010
What a mess we’re in.
The online marketing industry right now is saturated with poorly trained freelancers, scam artists, and under-skilled web design companies that know little, promise much, and eventually wind up under-performing. When a business owner responds to a piece of spam that promises him SEO that will deliver 3,000 new leads per day for $20 a month, buys it, and gets nothing in return it really hurts the perception he has towards this industry. In his mind, SEO doesn’t work, and it’s very difficult from that moment forward to change his opinion. So many people have been burned this way and they are hesitant to participate again, even after they come in contact with a firm that really can deliver proven online marketing results.
Adding to the problem is the fact that online marketing methods have become confusing and difficult to follow for many business owners. SEM, SEO, PPC, Keywords, Blog, Social Media, PR, Linking, Meta Tags. Most people just scratch their heads and turn away. They don’t have time to figure this out, and most people don’t purchase services they can’t fully understand. Why should they? It’s hard to see real value in any service if you don’t first understand how it works.
Adding even FURTHER to the problem is the basic fact that strategy is more than just an eight letter word. Sure, you could go out and hire a self-proclaimed “Social Media Guru”, but what good is that going to do you when those efforts are not intelligently linked to your overall marketing efforts? Very little unfortunately and therein lays the dilemma. Business owners who have been burned in the past, do not understand the industry, but are willing to give it another try often end up trying some type of piecemeal approach where they hire several different people or companies. They may have a web design person, a social media person, an SEO person, some company in another state handling search engine marketing. Usually most of these organizations never sit down or meet with the business owner. This is a recipe for failure. These strangers, each handling some different aspect of your business presence, do not care whether or not your business generates new leads. They will be more than happy to take your money, however, and as a result you will end up with poor results and the attitude once again that online marketing does not work for you. Wash, rinse, repeat. The cycle continues.
If you own a business and want to become wildly successful you absolutely must establish a successful online marketing strategy. That strategy cannot consist of a piecemeal approach. The game has become very complex and, much like football, it is going to take a trained, well-coordinated team effort to win. Imagine if the owner of the Arizona Cardinals walked outside, pulled 11 complete strangers together that have never met before into the stadium, and had them play a quick pickup game against his team without any prior practice. What would happen? Those poor guys would get crushed. In similar fashion, your business will get crushed by your competition if you don’t hire a complete team that knows the game and has a solid game plan.
seenBEST Web Design knows the detailed methods of online marketing, how to make them work for you, and more importantly how critical it is for all of them to work together in order to bring success to your business. Our team will sit down with you, determine exactly what your business goals are, and then explain to you point by point the online marketing methods that are most cost effective for you to achieve results. We will not suggest driving traffic to your website, for example, without first making sure that your website is adequately designed to convert those visitors into leads. We will not suggest that you build a killer new website without first giving you pointers on ways to design it that will make it easier to market it once it’s complete.
We do these things at no additional cost, first because we understand the industry and we can, and second because the success of our clients is very important to us. SEO, SEM, Social Media, Email Marketing, Blogging, and Web Design are all interlinked with each other. You need to think outside of the box to target, plan for, and achieve business success. The way to do this is through an expert team that will communicate with you, educate you, and work together with your company to bring in real profits! Break the cycle, pull your online marketing team together, and let’s start generating new sales.