Creating a Google+ Event (Before)
Creating a Google+ Event is easy for existing users. You will see the Events option in the left navigation of your Google+ home page. Click that, or visit www.google.com/+/learnmore/events/ to get more details.
To create a new event, advance through the form and provide the following details:
- Name and a brief description of the event
- Start Time (You can also mention end time if you have one)
- Location Details (it will automatically link to Google Maps)
- You can include some advanced fields too, like website URL, YouTube URL, and the Ticket seller URL (if participants need to purchase a ticket).
- Transit and Parking Information
- Invite people from your Google+ circles, people from your Gmail Contacts, or anyone else who simply has an email address.
- You can also allow your guests to invite others to the event and permit them to add photos.
These are the basics required to great an Event using Google+, but to take it further you can use the built-in options to personalize your event and make it more interactive for participants. There are also ways to integrate your event with Google Calendar for sharing across the web.
Collaborating in Real-Time (During)
This is where Google+ Events outshines similar services. The Party Mode allows participants to take photos and videos at the event and then upload them to the events page itself. All participants have the ability to add content in real-time when Party Mode is on.
While the event is taking place, share the most memorable moments on the big screen in Slideshow mode. People can comment on and +1 the photos and videos, which appear sorted automatically by the name of the person who took the picture. This real-time organization means you don’t have the hassle of organizing them after the fact.
Invitees who were unable to make the event can benefit and still take part by hanging out on the events page during the event. They will have access to the media that is being posted and, if the Google+ Events On-Air feature is being utilized, by viewing the public broadcast of the event in real time.
Remembering What Took Place (After)
Google+ Events gives value to all participants long after the event has ended. Google+ Events will remind attendees to upload their photos taken while participating, and all invitees have their own folder where they can add photos and videos easily.
Are you on Google+? Connect with us by following our seenBEST Google+ page, we look forward to hearing about your next event through Google+!
Want to read more about Google+ Events? Read the other articles in this series:
- Google+ Events – The Missing Feature You’ve Been Waiting For
- Using Google+ Events to Promote Your Local Business
Thanks for visiting! We hope you enjoyed the article, please click the +1 and Like buttons at the top left of our website. If you would like to share this article with a friend, click on the + Share / Save tool below.