A CASE STUDY IN VIRAL SOCIAL CONTESTS and GIVEAWAYS.
seenBEST Web Design is currently running a Show Me the Money! giveaway.
The Goal: Increase social metrics (+1, Page Likes), social connections, and backlinks for on-page SEO.
The Offering: Something appealing to just about everyone ($100 in cash) to encourage participation.
Best Case Scenario: The sharing goes viral and results in viral growth due to participation/sharing.
Starting Monday we will begin the process of driving targeted traffic to the page.
Making it Work for You:
When done correctly, contests that use social media for distribution are a great way to increase visibility for your business. In our example, we have put together a website page and have used modern tools to blend together sharing on both Google+ and Facebook.
When done from within Social Media itself, your reach is limited. Hosting your content on an external website page allows you to blend together multiple social networks for a single contest.
seenBEST Web Design can help you get a social media marketing contest off the ground in a number of ways:
- Help you brand the contest with a memorable theme
- Develop a landing page for your contest on an existing website (or create a new website page for you)
- Tie together various social tools into a single package (Google+, Facebook, Twitter)
- Drive affordable yet targeted and effective traffic at your contest page to get involvement
- Track results
- Offer something of value to your existing clients through Social Media and an Email Newsletter
- Link it directly to your lead generation website and tie it into your existing social channels
- Provide them a way to share it with their own network of friends and family
- You expand your connection base to people you didn’t already know
- Use those new social connections! Post property updates and industry specific information to social media for increased brand awareness
Contest website example page: http://www.seenbest-web-design.com/show-me-the-money.php
Tags: $100, backlinks, brand, business, case study, connections, contest, facebook, goal, Google, landing page, lead generation, metrics, sharing, show me the money, social contest, social marketing, Social Media Marketing, tools, track results, traffic, viral, visibility, win