Is your website more than a couple of years old? It’s probably time for an upgrade. Revitalize your old website with a redesign, and add a few vital elements along the way, such as:
- A CMS platform with an associated blog
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+ links and icons
- Facebook like button, Google+ +1 button
- Embedded video
- A modern contact form
- Embedded map with directions to your office
- Embedded SEO code behind all pages, images, and content
- An updated design with easy to read pages
A website is a powerful unifying platform for all internet marketing efforts and can be the greatest advertising tool available for your business. Potential customers look here first, so provide them with a clean and modern representation of your brand, products, and services.
Many people ask this question, “I already have a website and it is getting good traffic, so why spend money and time on a website redesign?” The answer is simple. Over the past couple of years, web technologies have witnessed a complete transformation. The look and feel of websites and the way users interact with them has changed considerably. Many of your competitors have taken advantage of this and are already using redesigned websites to outpace you.
Ask yourself this, “If I put my website up against my five biggest competitors right now, would my website beat them in the eyes of my potential customers?” potential customers are researching online now more than ever. They will look at your competition and when that happens, if your website doesn’t stack up, you’re probably losing business. Some areas to compare with competitor websites:
- Does your website look modern?
- Is it crisp and clean?
- Does it clearly distance your brand and provide value?
- Is it easy to use?
- Does it offer useful information?
The benefits of modernizing an old website are plentiful:
- With a new design, a website can become more search engine friendly and visually appealing to customers, resulting in increased traffic
- Integration of the latest web components helps change the user’s perception of your company and enhances brand identity
- Stand out from the competition and capture increased sales from potential customers who are researching your industry
- Upgraded websites with content management systems (CMS) save you time and reduce the effort required in adding, editing, or managing content and graphics
- Adding CRM components like Live Chat Support and Social media integration results in better customer relations
- Adding online stores and e-Commerce applications allow you to process payments and post products for sale online
When faced with the prospect of a redesign, it’s not uncommon for people to worry about losing the time and effort invested in their existing website. However, there’s no need to worry about losing data, traffic, or momentum when you hire an expert web design and internet marketing company. Any company with comprehensive experience in the areas of design and marketing will take care to preserve your existing SEO, data (page text, graphics, contact information, etc.), and functionality. They can help migrate to an improved website with a new design and features while preserving and bringing over the best things about your existing website.
If you own a business and aren’t happy with your current website, make it a point to consult a comprehensive website design and internet marketing company to analyze what you have right now. They can help you with a successful website redesign to enhance your brand and start bringing on new customers from the internet.
Tags: internet marketing, internet marketing company, internet marketing efforts, redesigning of old website, search engine friendly website, SEO friendly website, SEO friendly website design, social media integration, website design, website redesigning