If you have a website now but it’s not topping the search results page, then it’s time to invest in strategic Internet marketing. Business crucially depends on marketing. To make a profit, you need to develop a marketing strategy to attract the right customers and keep them. In years past, the strategy combined physical location, signage, TV and radio ads, newspaper and Yellow Pages ads, fliers, and other print media. Today, people make buying decisions by searching online to find everything from armoires to zhu zhu pets, from accountants to zumba classes. So your marketing strategy needs to have a strong Internet component.
How will strategic Internet marketing help your business?
Your website can powerfully market for you 24/7. A well-designed website can be your most rewarding business-generating investment when used as the cornerstone of your strategic online marketing campaign. A carefully planned campaign will create awareness, build trust, and develop leads, which will result in increased sales and repeat business.
An Internet marketing campaign should begin with an effectively designed website and be integrated with:
- SEO. Your website needs to rank well on search engines to be seen. SEO keyword strategies help improve your ranking. For local companies wanting local business, be sure to include your city or neighborhood in your keywords.
- Social media. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn…social media marketing is perfect for small businesses with limited budgets. The more “friends” and “followers” and “connections” you get, the more people will see you.
- Pay per click advertising. Ads placed on the right websites with the right customers and lots of traffic can be a very efficient method of promoting your business.
- Content. Fresh content added frequently, at least once a week, increases your search ranking and attracts new customers.
- Blogs. Blogs are one of the easiest ways to drive people to your site. Add to your blog at least one-two times weekly. And comment on other blogs so you can link back to your website, another way to improve your rankings.
- Online promotions. Everyone loves a deal. Drive people to your site with specials only available online or only advertised online.
- Email marketing. Your email list targets only the people who want to hear from you. Use an appealing subject line, persuasive content, and a call to action to convert more readers to customers and to grow your email list.
- PR. Submit press releases to multiple online PR sites for more visibility.
Five ideas to get your strategic Internet marketing campaign moving
- Invest in pay per click advertising. Google rankings are either “organic” (resulting from its algorithms) or “paid” (such as pay per click ads). Organic search can take many months, even years, to get you to the top – if ever. With pay per click advertising, you get higher and immediate Google priority ranking.
- Create an SEO content strategy. Make a list of the keywords that you would like the site to rank well on, then take a look at how to insert those keywords throughout your existing content. It’s possible to overuse keywords or use them inappropriately – Google’s “black hat” policy looks for misleading use of keywords and can ban websites from their search results.
- Create new content. Regularly updated content, such as articles and blog posts, help a site rank well. Google prioritizes sites with frequent updates, assuming they must be more relevant. The number of incoming links from external sites is a huge way to climb in search rankings, so get other sites to link to your great content.
- Advertise on Facebook. Facebook offers small companies an advertising package that provides a more targeted campaign for companies on a low budget. With over 400 million active users logged on to Facebook in any given day (Source: Facebook’s Press Room), a well planned and executed Facebook ad campaign has proven to be a cost effective method of marketing a small business.
- Create and execute a social media marketing campaign. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube to engage in conversation with your customers or prospects. Keep in mind that the conversations should not, for the most part, be a sales pitch.
Internet marketing success requires patience
One critical ingredient in a successful Internet marketing campaign is patience. The results of your efforts take time and require constant monitoring and analyzing. An Internet marketing expert can help you develop and maintain your campaign to achieve your goals. The professional Internet marketing team at seenBest Web Design in Phoenix, Arizona, has extensive experience in all aspects of Internet marketing and will work with you to design an effective campaign. Call seenBest Web Design today and learn how strategic Internet marketing can work for you!