This article is part of a series of twenty articles. Click to read: The Top 20 Web Marketing Concepts Your Next Website Design Company Should Know
When it comes to modern internet marketing, content is king. There was a time when link building from just about any source could easily boost the search engine rankings of a website. Today, search engines are smarter than ever and they are becoming smarter with each passing day. The latest Google Penguin Update, for example, is a well-known algorithm change that destroyed the rankings of millions of websites in just one day. Many of those websites focused exclusively on SEO link-building strategies and were not immune to such disasters.
SEO and online marketing has evolved beyond links, and search engine success is now determined by the freshness, quality, and subject matter of your online content. Strategic content marketing is a time-tested and proven way to get ahead of your competitors in the intense arena of e-marketing. So, what exactly is content marketing for SEO? It is a broad term that refers to the creation of high quality blogs, articles, videos, events, and a vast array of other types of materials that are informative and pique the interests of your readers (potential customers).
Great content will help your business accomplish two important goals:
- Gain increased visibility by reaching out and grabbing hold of people who have never heard of your company before, but are interested in what you have to say
- Keep your business visible in the eyes of existing customers and people who are already familiar with your company by providing them with important industry-related news and information
Would you like to begin an SEO content marketing campaign for your business today but aren’t sure where to start? Some strategies that you can adopt right now are as follows:
Blog Marketing – Blogs are the best way to spread the word about your business. A well-developed blog helps increase the credibility of your brand and:
- corporate blogs on a company website result in 55% more visitors
- websites with blogs get 97% more inbound links than those without
- 37% of internet marketers say blogs are the most valuable content type for marketing
- on average, websites with blogs have 434% more indexed pages in search engines
- a blog is the perfect way to demonstrate your industry expertise to interested readers
Article Distribution – Article marketing can help you:
- create supporting materials for content on your website and elsewhere
- 70% of consumers prefer getting to know a brand via articles rather than sponsored ads
- 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site
- article distribution drives more quality traffic to intended websites
Press Release Distribution – Online press release distribution is a fast way to circulate your message to a large audience. This is a cost-effective way of making new product announcements and letting your customers know about significant improvements to your brand. Online press releases get indexed by Google News and Yahoo news within no time, working as a viral medium of content circulation.
Social Media Marketing – Content also rules here. Social media is a way to get personal with existing and potential customers and interesting content is among the top three reasons people follow brands on social media. While 60% of your Twitter followers and Facebook fans may be inclined to recommend your products and services to their peers, it usually only happens if the content in your pages, posts, and tweets are worth reading.
Events, Videos, and Other Fun Stuff
A good SEO company is also a good content marketing company. They understand that the best strategy to achieve high search engine rankings for your business is one that involves the development of interesting content. Beyond the various methods already described above, there is virtually no limit to part creativity can play in the creation of interesting content. The development of Facebook Apps, informative videos, online stores, and photo galleries are just a few small examples of ways you can work together with your internet marketing team to create content that will help you gain increased visibility and spark new interest in your brand.
Tags: Blog marketing, content marketing, content marketing coampny, e-marketing, intenet marketing, internet marketer, link building, link building strategy, modern internet marketing, Online Marketing, press release marketing, social marketing marketing, Social Media