Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a critical service for business of any size. Experienced SEO makes the difference between wasting a lot of money failing in your efforts to advertise online and success through maximum online business leads generation. Since good SEO often results in the highest possible marketing ROI, Search Engine Optimization services have become a business necessity.
Unfortunately, not all SEO companies are created equal. From the hundreds of SEO companies that have probably cropped up in your area, only a handful of them are competent and technically strong enough to provide quality SEO and website optimization services. Despite claims, most self-proclaimed SEO and web marketing companies don’t exactly know how SEO really works or how to optimize a website correctly for search engines.
SEO is not an easy task. It involves several practices from different fields. An SEO expert should have a deep understanding of the best web design principles, SEO friendly web development techniques, knowledge of the latest ranking mechanisms of search engines, expertise with quality SEO practices, content marketing knowledge, and online social networking skills.
A Case Study by seenBest
At seenBest we are committed to offering the best SEO and SEM services to our clients. We’d like to share an experience we recently had with one of our clients which clearly illustrates the difference between an experienced SEO company like seenBest and a fake SEO company.
Many years ago a local business owner came to our office asking for help in ranking his website on the first page of Google for searches pertaining to his industry. After an extensive campaign we were able to achieve great success for this area company. In fact, we got their website to appear on the first page of Google in the top position for nearly every search related to their core business.
Recently our client hired a new employee and that new employee had a friend that worked for a competing SEO company. That friend/employee convinced our client to move services away from us to the competing company with bold claims of improved search results and lower prices. Before long, our former client agreed to a total redesign of their existing website which did, in fact, get results. Unfortunately the results were opposite of what our former client had hoped! They lost all rankings at the top of the search engine and disappeared from page 1 completely.
The newly hired web company ruined our months of hard work and SEO results, literally overnight. Curious, we performed an analysis and found the following:
- An analysis of the code on the new website revealed the new company does not know SEO
- All of the on-page SEO code we had built, so vital to their awesome rankings in the past, was completely gone
- The new company didn’t make use of any industry standard SEO tags on the new pages
Unfortunately the local business in the aforementioned case had no idea what could happen to their brand and business by switching to a different company. They needlessly paid for a redesign of their already flawless website and received a less functional website with absolutely zero SEO in return. Now many of their area competitors rank above them in search and are taking away business that once belonged to them. One poor decision to switch internet marketing companies has lost them potentially tens of thousands of dollars in new business.
Two Tell-Tale Signs of a Fake SEO Company
Fake SEO companies are easy to spot if you know what to look for. Are you interviewing SEO companies for your business? Start by asking them for proven examples of their ability to rank website pages at the top of Google. What happens?
- If they show you Google results for business names it’s a fake SEO company. Getting a business ranked at the top of page 1 for their own name is not good SEO, anyone can do that and it usually happens automatically. When someone is looking for a company to clean their carpet they will never search for ‘Amy’s Fantastic Carpet Service’, unless they happen to already know of that business directly. The purpose of SEO is to capture customers who search for industry terms unrelated to business name, such as ‘carpet cleaning phoenix’.
- If they show you Google results for obscure terms it’s a fake SEO company. It’s not difficult to get a website ranked at the top of page 1 for far-off terms that no one searches for because there’s no competition. Ranking a website high for the search ‘dirty red carpet and rug cleaning’ is easy. Getting a website ranked high for ‘Rug Cleaning Phoenix’ is not.
So, what are some examples of difficult terms with high SEO rankings? Let’s demonstrate a few competitive search terms where seenBEST has obtained high results through SEO:
- SEO Websites Phoenix (seenBEST Ranks high on page 1 for this)
- Arizona Business Directory (seenBEST client Social Network Arizona ranks high on page 1)
- Business Networking Tempe (seenBEST client Tempe Professionals ranks high on page 1)
- Computer Repair Phoenix (seenBEST client my PC Techs ranks high on page 1)
- Auto Repair Tempe (seenBEST client Mile Auto Repair ranks high on page 1)
To help your business learn about affordable, high quality solutions pertaining to SEO and website design we recently published an article titled, “The Top 20 Website Marketing Terms Your Next Web Design Company Should Know“. Please feel free to use this article as a guide to help you distinguish between a truly skilled and competent SEO company with proven service or a company whose only motive is to sell you services you don’t need.
Thanks for visiting! We hope you enjoyed the article, please click the +1 and Like buttons at the top left of our website. If you would like to share this article with a friend, click on the + Share / Save tool below.
Tags: best SEO and SEM services, Beware of Fake SEO Companies, Beware of Fake SEO consultants, Experienced SEO, Experienced SEO company, Fake SEO companies, fake SEO Company, Online Advertising, search engine optimization, seo, SEO companies, seo company